It's no secret that I, who grew up in Alaska and loves wearing sweaters, boots and jackets, sometimes long for the cooler climes of my childhood. And I live in Arizona. A testament that I really do love my husband!
Anyway, last week our low temperatures dipped down so far that -- ACK -- THERE WAS ICE ON THE WINDSHIELD OF THE CAR in the morning. I was driving Jarad's car that day, which we park outside, and was leaving to drive Emma to school (come on, don't laugh. I know we live only 1/4 mile from the school but it was cold and I didn't want my babygirl to be uncomfortable!) The kids were utterly amazed that there was ICE on the windshield! They were trying to lick it and scrape it off with their fingernails. It was too funny. I wish I'd gotten the video camera out. You'd think they'd never seen ice before. Well, they hadn't. Other than in their cups of water.
OK I can hear all my Alaskan family and friends in mocking laughter over this. Well, in the words of Han Solo (and Fisher, these days): Laugh it up, Fuzzball.
1 year ago
2 comments:
There are so many things wrong with this post, where do I start? LOL (actually, I remember living in Az as a kid, and it started hailing one morning, and we all ran out, yelling, "Look mom! its snowing!" Kind of funny, you long for the cool weather, I long for the warm days. if Matt wasn't your brother, I'd think we've got a great "WIFE SWAP" we could do. (especially after last weeks -20,
-30 degree weather...ugggh!)
OK Jenn, notice I said I long for the 'COOLER' climes of my childhood. I said NOTHING of -20 and -30. I try to forget those days.
Post a Comment