It was about 10:30 last night. I was sitting out on the couch working on my laptop (that's another story... how much I've been working this month... crazy hours.) Before I started working I put on Return of the Jedi for Emma and Fisher in the playroom -- about 8:00 -- fully expecting them to fall asleep. So I was a little surprised when a bleary-eyed Emma came wandering in and snuggled next to me on the couch. After a second she said, with a quivering lip and tears forming in her eyes, "I feel bad for Luke Mom."
"Why?"
"Because his daddy died!" Subdued sobbing at this point.
"But wasn't his daddy a bad guy?"
"NO, HE LEFT THE DARK SIDE!" waaaaaa.
I love that Emma has such empathy for others. I also love that she has totally gotten into the Star Wars movies! They are so real to her. Jarad told me this morning that she was also very excited that Luke was a prince -- her first deduction when Obiwan told him he had a sister - Lea. Such drama.
This had to be a quickie. I have been jonesin' to post lately, but have seriously spent every spare second on this project I took on that has snowballed out of control. Give me strength for about 10 more days.
1 year ago
2 comments:
Katie, I am dying. She is hilarious!!! What a cute post. :)
Kate, I want to let you know how proud I am of Emma... STAR WARS ROCKS!!!! You can tell Emma I cried too the first time (of about 1,000 times that I have seen them, all 8 {2 are animated} not just RTOJ) Yes I realize that I am still the Star Wars geek of the family.
Matt (by the way this is the first comment on any blog. . . ever)
Post a Comment