Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to School



Fisher had his first day of Kindergarten today. I'm not sure whether I should be excited that he is so very independent, or whether I should have my feelings hurt that he just doesn't seem to need me anymore. There was no sign whatsoever that he needed me to help him get to class. In fact, he was planning on my leaving him at the crosswalk, and he'd have Emma drop him off at his class. Jarad agreed. But that wasn't going to fly for mama. So I walked all the way to the gate with him (beyond which you had to stand in an eternal line to get a visitor's badge and it really wasn't worth that for me -- after all, I had Breaking Dawn waiting for me back at home. A woman has her priorities, right?). I had to call him back to even get a kiss from him! Little turkey.


Emma, of course, is miss independent too. But she volunteered a kiss for me. Sweetheart that she is. She asked me to walk her to class, but was that because I was so obviously crushed that Fisher didn't need me anymore? A mom will never know.


Anyway, they both made it through the day unscathed, and both seemed to really like it. Yay! Another year has begun, and I can get my life back on schedule too.

Only three years until the twins start Kindergarten. I guess I shouldn't wish it away...

(here Fisher just wanted me to put the blasted camera away...)

5 comments:

Jess ♥'s Joel said...

Yay for a good day! I am so glad Fisher and Paige are together this year, I heard they played at recess. Now...go enjoy your book. I must be the last woman on earth to not read this series. Is it really THAT good???

Settler's Bay Relief Society said...

I'm so jealous! Our school doesn't start till the 18th. Registration just started yesterday. I can't wait though. I've got an empty nest this year! (Morgan starts pre-school 1 week after the boys go back)
What will I do with my time?

Colette said...

WoW your kiddos are going back so early. Mine don't go back until the 25th! :/ They look so cute!! Enjoy your "me" time-you Deserve it!!!!

Rachel Cunningham said...

How can your kids be so grown up?! They are so cute. Have you finished the book yet??? I loved it. I think I'm going to start them over because I'm in mourning that it ended.

Alli grins said...

Ok, that last picture of Fisher is classic! Love it! So glad he & Corey are in the same class:-)