And have never taken the time to do it. The surveys have been slightly different, so I've kind of compiled the questions into one. I don't even think there's anyone left to tag that hasn't already done this. Anyway, here goes:
5 Things I was doing 10 years ago:
1. Finding a wedding photographer
2. Finding a wedding dress
3. Finding someone to make a wedding cake
4. Finding places for wedding receptions
5. Finding time to spend with my betrothed after doing all this planning! (we got engaged 2/3/98)
5 Things on my To Do list today:
1. Chaperone Emma’s field trip (check)
2. Fold laundry (not yet!)
3. Update the Graduate Medical Education document I’m writing for a client (thrilling stuff, let me tell ya) (did this survey instead when I sat down to work)
4. Go to the gym (lost my window when I went to Emma's field trip)
5. Go to bed early (been up since 4, thanks Case)
Man, what an unproductive day
5 Snacks I enjoy:
1. Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Chips (am I the only one who considers chocolate chips directly out of the bag a “snack?”)
2. Nana’s tortilla chips (thanks for the introduction Cheryl) and spinach dip
3. Hot artichoke dip
4. Bugles
5. Anything dipped in Ranch
5 Songs I know the lyrics to:
Oh, this is scary. One of my favorite Web sites is www.kissthisguy.com. It’s hilarious to see what other people hear when they listen to music.
1. Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar
2. Anything by U2 (especially their old stuff)
3. Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd
4. Straight Up by Paula Abdul (hey, you didn’t say I have to LIKE the song too!)
5. Blinded by the Light by Manfred Mann
5 Things I would do if I was a Millionaire:
1. Quit working
2. Pay off our house (and OK move into a bigger one with a big ol' yard)
3. Buy another house somewhere in the mountains (not the AZ mountains) where we could go in the summer
4. Hire a personal assistant (you know, a jack/jill of all trades: cook, clean, personal trainer, pedicurist… does such a person exist?)
5. If such a person as #4 does NOT exist, hire two assistants.
5 Bad Habits:
1. Procrastination (I got tagged for the first time probably four months ago)
2. Impatience (especially with my kids)
3. Editing other people’s blogs and emails (please don’t ever tell me if you find edits on mine, I can’t accept criticism – that’s not a bad habit, that’s a character flaw)
4. Taking everything personally (sometimes it’s hard to accept that it’s not all about me!)
5. Cracking my knuckles
6. Sarcasm. Oh sorry, that’s six. I was feeling it, ya know? Felt good to admit all my shortcomings. And certainly I only have six.
5 Things I would never wear again.
1. Parachute pants. Especially with the thighs I have now. I wouldn’t be able to hear anything but the swish swish of my pants as I walk around. Dangerous, if you ask me.
2. Puffy shirts. I’m puffy enough as it is.
3. Those big huge round tortoise shell glasses (a la Sally Jesse Raphael)
4. A bikini (I am rolling on the floor laughing at the thought of it)
5. Blue mascara (yes, it’s true. I thought it made my blue eyes “pop”)
5 of my Favorite Toys
1. My camera (Jarad calls it my boyfriend b/c I spend so much time playing with it!)
2. My computer (does it count as a toy if it’s also my livelihood?)
3. My kids (love to experiment with them. Ya know, play with their heads)
4. Everyone else’s Wii
5. My neighbor’s DVR (she’s recording all the Masterpiece Jane Austen movies for me, again, thanks Cheryl!)
5 places I have lived
1. Anchorage, AK
2. Provo, UT
3. Dallas, TX
4. NYC, New York
5. Gilbert, AZ
5 jobs I have had
1. Clerk at Beehive Books
2. Reservations agent for Princess Cruises and Tours
3. Front desk clerk Grandma’s B&B and hotel in Juneau, AK
4. Legislative staffer for an Alaska State Senator
5. Public relations consultant (I was going to say for how long, but MAN that makes me sound old)
5 things most people don’t know about me
After filling this thing out, I’m not sure there’s much left.
1. I was on the swim team and track team in Junior High. This will crack you up if you know me well.
2. I was RS president of my singles ward in Alaska before I got married. For TWO YEARS! That’s a long time for a calling like that.
3. I once stuck my bubblegum in the vat of Barbecue Beef while standing in the lunch line (6th grade). Did NOT get in any trouble. My mom couldn’t stop laughing when the principal called her. Grrr I couldn’t believe that Alison Arians told on me. I later forgave her though.
4. The first record (yes, record. It was a 45) I ever bought was Tainted Love by Soft Cell (another song I know all the lyrics to, come to think of it).
5. I met Larry Mullen, Jr. (the drummer for U2) when I lived in NYC. The only time I’ve ever been truly star struck.
I tag anyone who has gotten this far down on my post and has never filled one out. Be sure to tell me if you're going to respond, though, so I can see yours!
1 year ago
4 comments:
You must have a hay day correcting my blog, its always full of mysteakes!
Ooh, I'm scared of what you see on my blog. Dang. Just don't tell me, LOL, you won't you never comment!!!
This post was so fun, you are the CUTEST! Why don't we hang out more? We should double sometime!
Why is it that the only thing people focus on when reading these things are others' bad habits? LOL.
Yes, Jess, we do need to hang and double. But how can you share Joel with others when you two have so little time together?
I was blog hopping this morning and found your post (I should be doing laundry). I was tagged with almost the SAME questions and haven't responded yet. I like your answers so much I may just copy yours. No one will care that I've never even seen Alaska...
Post a Comment