Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Glaring Truth - It sometimes hurts

So it's no secret that I'm not a huge wearer of make-up. This is especially true since I quit working full-time out of the home. Even then, fully made-up, I never wore eyeliner and only wore mascara on the top lashes. Heavy eye make-up has always bugged me.

But lately I've been feeling like I look a bit too drawn. Sleepy. Plain. I decided today to bust out the seldom-used eyeliner pencil I have, and I lined BOTH LIDS! And I put mascara on TOP AND BOTTOM!!

Jarad wondered if I was either seeing someone on the side or trying to "get some" from him (I also had made a favorite dish for dinner, so the combo really threw him).

Fisher wondered what I did to my eyes (as he made circles around his own eyes with his fingers). I asked him if it looked pretty and, shaking his head, all he said was "witch."

Emma took it a step further and asked if I also put eyeshadow under my eyes. Nope, those are just dark circles due to not sleeping well in days, weeks, months.

I didn't know my wearing make-up would cause such an uproar in our home! If nothing else, I felt noticed LOL.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I did notice it too. Just figured you had been out. You looked beautiful though!

bethiepoos said...

katie
you dont even need make-up you are beautiful without!
Miss you xxxx

nicole said...

I'm sure you looked great, but then again, you always do. I don't think make-up is necessary for you. Funny how honest your kids can be though, isn't it?

Alli grins said...

Wow! Wish I could get away without wearing makeup and look as great as you. Don't you love kids who keep you humble?